Post surgery itching
I had an umbilical hernia repair six days ago. I took prescription pain medicine for one day, then tylenol for a few more days. I have not been on anything for a couple days now. I am itching all over my body, especially at nights. Why and what should I do? Not intense yet, but keeping me awake a little.
Welcome to the forum!
If you had umbilical hernia repair a few days ago and have not had a proper bath since then, then this could be the cause of itching. Also the skin becomes dry on medications. Use a moisturizer and see. If you have had sea food, or any other food you could be allergic too, then this can also cause whole body itching. It can also be due to bedding. Air the bedding and change the sheets. This may help too.
It could also be a delayed reaction to drugs you took. If you have had any previous history of urticaria, then this could have flared up.
On net, it is difficult to diagnose. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Hope this helps.