Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Prednisone and antibiotics

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Prednisone and antibiotics

I posted here in the begining of last month due to blood work results. Well.. since then I came down with a nasty bug that seemed to linger on so I went back to the doc. He gave me prednisone being that the epidural shots in the back did not help my pain. (Now the pain is really bad and going into the right hip.) He did another CBC which revealed that my WBC has risen from 12.1 to 16.8 with the ABS Neut count 12.0 and the ABS Lymph 3.9.  I'm starting to get a little worried!  I've had thyroid cancer with no treatment and wondering if maybe it has spread somewhere else?  While on the prednisone and antibiotics, I seem to run a low grade fever towards later afternoon/evening and start feeling crumby. Is this the affect of the prednisone? I figure, I will do the course of the treatment and if not feeling better,I'm going to ask for a referral! I thought a person should feel better after 48 hrs. of antibiotic treatment?  "Well..it's been 3 days now.
HELP PLEASE!!
When I have taken prednisone, I feel awful for at least the first week or so. It does help the inflamation (inflammation), but it takes a few days to have a positive effect. I usually feel jumpy, uncomfortable, sick to my stomach, and just wierd when I have to take it. I can't really say anything about whether the fever is related to the prednisone or not though, because I tend to run fevers often for no apparent reason. If you still feel no improvement from the symptoms of your infection in 3 more days, you should call the Dr.
Thanks, I did call the doc today and waiting for him to call back. What I forgot to mention is that they are treating me for an infection somewhere in the body?? I'm not coughing up anything or blowing anything out.  Makes me wonder where it is??