Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Presser in rectum area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Presser in rectum area

Hi, I have an uncomfortable pressure in the rectum (bottom) area, especially when sitting. No pain, no blood, just a kind of feeling that I need to go to toilet. Everything else seems normal. I recently had ultrasound, they discovered 3.2 cm ovarian cyst & some fibroids. Had uteral biopsy - came back normal. But now I have this pressure for several days. Could that be connected to that ovarian cyst? Please help. Thanks.
it is most likley internal hemmaroids , pressure is felt because of the swelling . x x
What side is the cyst on?. I have 1 on both ovaries and i know for a fact that the left 1 has affected my bowel. For example instead of going 1 a day to open bowels i now do lots of small motions. Its sore when i go and throbs after. Sitting also is more uncomfortable that being upright.
Piles tend to hurt more nearer the anus,somthimes with blood when you open your bowels,they also throb and itch.
Hope this helps.
Dawn
Yes, your ovarian cyst can be putting pressure on the bowel, causing you to feel pressure in your rectum. I had an ovarian cyst removed in March and I had the same feeling. The only time it didn't hurt was when I was lying down.

Best of luck to you,

Hudson
Thanks so much! Should I go ahead & ask doctor to remove the cyst? She said that it should go away on its own (I am 47). If this is caused by hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) - do I go to gynecologist or regular physician? Please help. Thanks
They do not remove cysts until they reach about 5cm as before that there is the chance they will go of their own accord.Get you regular phys to examine you he/she will soon be able to see if its piles.
Good luck Dawn