Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Problem with muscles and sense loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Problem with muscles and sense loss

Hello!

I am 19 years old, and when i was about 7 years old my parents first noticed a skin disorder on front part of my right tigh. I was treated with basic hidrating losions and that is it. Later, when I hit puberty I noticed that my rught tigh is thinner than the left one, for about 3 cm. Later the shape of the upper part of my leg changed and it was obvious that some parts were simply missing. The skin in that area was/is almost transparent. Later on I started feeling tingling in my lower part of my right leg, below the knee and I lost sensation in that area. Same thing later happened on my right arm, but it is not as serious as my leg.
Doctors were never sure wat was the cause or the exact name of the disease. I was treated with physical terapy, but it didn't prove very helpfull.

I did tests for blodwork, something with those neeedles, and they said that the results were ok.
About the musle loss, they said that my muscles were atrophic, but that I also have no fat in that area and that the only way to compensate that fat is by plastic surgery, but I refused that option.
I went to physical therapy for years, and the only sign of improvement was a little muscle ''comeback'' in the middle of the front part of my thighs. After that the doctor said that there might be a slight chance of replacing the missing fat with muscles, but that never happened since after my doctor found out that the problem is not that much in mucles as in the fat, said that the ph. therapy is not that necesery.

I should also mention that my reflects are a mess. When my doctor tried to do the test with the little rubber hammer( i don't know what it is called) my leg barely moved after many tries.

Thank you very much for your answer!
'Acrodermatitis chronica atrophicans'
' is accompanied often by peripheral neuropathy, musculoskeletal pains. You should rule out this condition which is related to 'lyme disease'
Best wishes..
Anyone?
'Acrodermatitis chronica atrophicans'
Best wishes..
Thank you very much! I just saw some pictures of this disease, and it looks a little biz like this, altough I have no redness in the affected area, and my condition doesn't seem so advanced as in the pictures.
Being a treatable condition do pursue along these lines. ok?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It is quite possible that you have Lyme's disease, and there was skin manifestation along with nerve and muscle problem. If there is muscle wasting creatinine levels will be low, and CPK-MB enzyme high. ELISA test is performed to confirm Lyme borreliosis. The good news is that, even an advanced stage can be treated with antibiotics.
Other possibilities are Crohn's, rheumatoid arthritis, and lupus.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP to run tests and examination to clinch a diagnosis.
Take care!