Problems with spleen
I have this friend that works with me and he is having some issues lately. He is feeling extremely fatigue and he is having fever from time to time. He went for a check up and it seams that he might have liver problem. His doctor told him that he might also have enlarged spleen. He told him that he needs to watch not to get hit in the stomach because it will make things worse. Sometimes he has heavy breading also. I was wondering can all these symptoms be related to enlarged spleen? Also what else he need to look after? Has anybody had similar experience?

This discussion is related to Problems with spleen?.
According to Merck's website, many conditions can cause an enlarged spleen including anemias, cancers, and infections.  They state an enlarged spleen does not cause many symptoms, and those it does cause are not very specific.  It says they can include pain in the upper left abdomen or back or feeling of fullness without eating or just having a small snack.
Thank you for your help and advices. I really appreciate this. However it seams that his liver is fine. He now has pressure on his right side. He is becoming very worried because he has new symptoms and things are happening fast. His doctor scheduled him for an ultra sound and he took some blood to test his spleen. I will give you an update as soon as he gets the results.
Since the spleen is on the left side, I hope they are doing a thorough exam of organs & rib area on the right side where he is having that pressure.  And I hope they will do a thorough work up on what might be causing the spleen enlargement.

Well I have to say that he is getting better today. His breathing is back to normal, and the pressure is getting lower. He now has diarrhea but I think that this is much better then breathing issue. I have found that he has similar symptoms as some of guys that are discussing the [url="http://www.************.com/Spleen_Problems_t55046.html"]spleen problems[/url] on another forum. So I just wonder could all this be caused with enlarged spleen?