Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Prolonged Swelling - Inner Elbow

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Prolonged Swelling - Inner Elbow

Around the beginning of Summer, I noticed some type of lump/swelling on my inner elbow, right above the crease on the side closest to my body with palm facing up. My doctor said that it must be a hematoma and that I might have bumped it without noticing. After a several months, the swelling decreased and nearly disappeared, but it has recently come back. There is no discoloration and no lump can be felt beneath the skin when my arm is bent. With my arm straight, the swelling is about two inches in diameter, and raised only about a half-inch.

Is this characteristic of a hematoma? Should I ask my doctor again? What else might it be?

Thanks!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Yes, it can be a hematoma. Other possibilities of a swelling on the inner aspect of the elbow are lymphedema (block in the lymph channel), venous thrombosis, pseudogout, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic reaction, and arthritis.
Please consult an orthopedic specialist and get an X-ray of the joint to start with. Also the possibility of a venous thrombosis should be ruled out by a dopplar study.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Hi I have the same! do you mean inside of arm at elbow joint? Noticed mine last year after suffering a trapped nerve in my neck. mine is about 2inches across and quite swollen I also have constant sore swelling in my throat, wonder if my Lymph nodes are blocked as I have several enlarged nodes in my neck too!
Would a trapped nerve cause these problems?
A related discussion, swellen of elbow was started.
A related discussion, lump was started.
A related discussion, swelling on inner arm was started.