Protruding Ribs on left side
Hi all,
3 weeks ago today I was sitting in a meeting about to have an anxiety attack because I was speaking in front of a group of people. I bent forward slightly and felt a burst of pain in my upper left side below my left breast.  The next day I had a shooting pain from the same area (upper left ribs) to my back that gradually got worse as the day progressed. By the time I went home I was in agony and I noticed that my left ribs were protruding out significantly. I went to the ER and they took an Xray and said that everything looked in place and nothing looked broken. They diagnosed it as a contusion and gave me pain meds and sent me home. A week later I still feel terrible, still lots of pain and my ribs have not decreased in their protrusion no matter how much I ice them. I took a trip to a GP and he said that it could be many things but he didn't think it was an injury because the protrusion is hard bone, not fluid from inflammation... I am desperate for help- I can't get any sleep, I am uncomfortable no matter what position I am in, I can hardly do anything that involves my arms or torso...It has been 3 weeks now total with no improvement or changes-Can someone give me any advice as to what this may be?
Did they take a side xray? or did they just do a CT? can your GP refer you to a bone dr?
I had a CT scan they came back negative fur anything.. I then went t
I then went to a bone doctor and they diagnosed me with costochondral separation.. There isn't anything I can do but give it time. They said the rib protrusion may never go back completely /;
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated doctors in your area?