Pubic Hair, changed color
Hello Dr.

This might seem like a prank, but it isn't, over the last few weeks the color of my pubic hair (base of  penis, side of scrotum) has changed from dark brown/black to dirty blond.

I first noticed it 2-3 weeks ago, about a week after I started using an SSRI, I stopped the medication the same day. I hoped the color would disappear but instead it now affects a larger area.

I'm seventeen-year-old, nothing in my diet or lifestyle has changed, and I've have never had unprotected sex. It's not anything i can wash off, it also effects the bottom of the hair more than the top, I tried searching on the internet but didn't find anything relevant.

Is this serious?

Thank you.
This is not serious.  People's hair color, especially during puberty, often changes.  It could just be a normal hormonal change effecting the color, could be from sunbathing naked or swimming in the ocean in scrimpy shorts or suit then drying in the sunshine, too much chlorine in the pool, using antibiotic soaps, or if you use a detergent with bleach and it isn't rinsing completely out of the clothing. If the changes are from hormones, you may grow in a lighter color on your head or beard.  Don't worry if it doesn't.  People will often grow hair of different colors, like brown or blond hair on the head and body then a red beard, or blond hair on the head and black hair on the legs and arms. Black or brown hair on the head and blond hair on the body.  Sometimes the eyebrows are a different color, too.  This isn't anything to really worry about.  This is not a side effect of using SSRIs.  hope this helps