Pulsing and tingling in thigh
Today I'd noticed a sort of tingling/burning pain in my left leg. This isn't exactly new and so I hadn't really thought about it. But I was just sitting at my desk and this one spot on the top of my thigh just started pulsating fairly violently. You could actually see it moving. I checked my pulse in my neck as this was happening and it was a little fast, but not nearly as fast as what was happening in my leg. I had gone to get a checkup today and my diastolic pressure was a little higher than usual, but no one said anything. Now I feel the same burning/tingling pain, but it feels more localized to that area. I'm trying to notice any changes elsewhere, but I know that the stress of focusing on finding things that are wrong will just lead to me finding something. There is what I feel as pressure and a little bit of pain at the back of my head at the base of my skull and down my neck a ways, but I doubt that's related. My pulse is fine now, but it was just incredibly strange and I have no idea what it means.
This pulsing and tingling came back a few hours later and continued all through last night. It made it incredibly difficult to sleep.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The tingling and burning pain in leg can be due to sciatica or pinched nerve in lumbo-sacral spine area in lower back. The pulsing can also be due to a pinched nerve. Other than that it can be due to deep vein thrombosis and atherosclerosis of peripheral artery. You will need nerve conduction studies, MRI and color dopplar for confirmation.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Hope this helps. Take care!