Purple/White Fingertips and Fingernails
Hi, occasionally my finger tips go a very dark purple along with my fingernails, with the middle finger going white as skin looks just after it has been under pressure. The fingers do not feel cold, but feel slightly numb, but when I put them to my face I feel that they are freezing cold. I've heard that this is bad circulation, but I'd like to know if I should be worried at all or if there's anything I can do.

http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hand1mp5.jpg
http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hand2ws3.jpg
http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hand3pp8.jpg
I have only heard of these symptoms but have never experienced them.  You may want to visit your PCP, especially if there going numb without direct pressure that cuts off circulation.
Do you notice any other parts of your body turning purble or blue like the tip of your nose or your toes?
I know you said that your fingers do not feel cold, but what would happen if you put your fingers into contact with something cold?
Do they then go red and warm?

How old are you? This can be a common thing for teenage girls and isn't all that significant although sometimes can be associated with other conditions (mainly auto-immune type things)

Search Raynaud's syndrome and see if it fits. Mention it to a doctor at some stage as they may just want to check it isn't part of a wider issue. It probably isn't.

Good luck.
I have had this happen with my hands and feet especially after getting out of a warm bath and my body being cold.  I would not ignore it.  It could be autoimmune.  It could be Raynauds Syndrome.  For me Raynauds is secondary to the lupus I have.  I would talk to your doctor about it.  Do you have any other symptoms ie. fatigue, pain?  You can message me if you'd like.
God Bless
Joni
This has been happening to me as well. At first it was quite often, several times per day, to random fingers (sometimes just the tip and other times all the way to the knuckle). It was becoming problem-some. Then it slacked off after several months but it happened again just the other day.

I am a 5'4", 128lbs, 37 yrs old active female. I have attempted to research this before and it lead me to Raynaulds Syndrome as well. That's were I left off but would like to know more.

I noticed it reacts to higher stress levels or mental aggravation. .