Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pus on tonsil

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Pus on tonsil

My daughter has developed a mild sore throat (it only irritates her when she is eating) and she has a puss pocket on her left tonsil (the side that hurts). I have been monitoring her for almost two days and she has absolutely no other symptoms. The soreness comes and goes but the pus pocket does not seem to change. She gargles salt water twice a day to try and help it.  What could it be? We don't have health insurance so I don't want to take her only to be told its nothing. With no fever or other symptoms, I don't know whether to wait and see or just take her to the doctor to be safe.
Thanks.
Tags: pus, tonsils
mano .. or meisels .. go see a doctor
Sounds like tonsilitis or strep. SOmetimes you don;t get a fever with it. Either one needs antibiotics. BUT since it's only been 2 days and there is NO fever, I'd say wait like 2-3 more days to see if it gets worse or better. Have her drink tea and maybe have popcicles to make it feel better. SOmething HOT or something COLD. It's possible that's not what it is and it will go away on it's own. BUT if it starts getting worse you'll want to take her in.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Your daughter does have a throat infection and tonsillitis. The fever will come once the infection increases. Take her to a doctor and get some treatment which will include anti inflammatory, antibiotic and anti allergics.
Hope this helps. Take care!