Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Puss On Tonsil

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Puss On Tonsil

I am a 25 yr old female.  For about a month now I have been getting white stuff on the back of my left tonsil and occasionaly the right one aswell.  I have no fever or pain.  It is not tonsoliths as I get these and its completely different.  It looks like tonsilitis but comes and goes and Ive said, no other symptoms.  I have been to the doctor and was told was prob nothing to worry about but I dont think its normal to get pus that comes and goes willy nilly. Can anyone help. Thank you
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Pus on tonsils is not a sign of bacterial infection. It can be present in chronic allergic tonsillitis. If you do not have any other symptoms then you should not worry.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you, I didnt mention that my lymph nodes in my neck are a bit up and the pus is there mostly in the evenings but when i wake up it is gone but then appears as the morning goes on. So long as its not an obvious sign of something more sinister then I will just stop looking at it!!
Help! I am a 25 years old female who has a very itchy roof of mouth sore throat , also have small with round blister in throat and roof of mouth it sometimes goes and it came's back my nose is also very saw when this accord's, what is the cause.
Welcome to the forum!
Pus on tonsils, blisters, and redness can be due to infection or pharyngitis with tonsillitis. It could also be an allergy either to food or other allergens like dust, mite, animal dander etc. Since there is an itch, possibility of allergy is more. You need to get an allergy test done and also consult an ENT specialist.