Question for my grandmother...
My grandma gets this burning/stinging sensation in her foot. She says it feels as if her vein is burning. Does anyone know what this is?
This burning sensation is common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidism. They can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. She can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms persist. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.