Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Random Debilitating Joint Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Random Debilitating Joint Pain

I've had random, debilitating joint pain for about 6 months. I'm fine during the day (usually) but come evening it settles in. It may be a thumb, a knee, the inside of an ankle, etc... Some nights I can barely walk thru my house! Come morning I'm usually fine, too. I've been tested for arthritis, came back negative. I have spinal stenosis and high cholesterol (I'm only 31!) Any suggestions so I can point my DR in a direction when I can finally afford to go again would be greatly appreciated. Right now, it's the ring & middle finger of my left hand. Can barely type with it! Feels like maybe a tendon is super tight or something, if not a joint problem. Weird, painful, a little scary & frustrating. I know it's not in my head because I don't think about it until something starts hurting! Help!
HI I ALSO SUFFER FROM THIS PAINFUL DILEMA.IM NEW HERE AND I DON;T SEE ANYWHERE WHERE THEIRS AND ANSWER? I HAVE BEEN TESTED FOR LUPUS, GOUT, RHEMOTOID ARITITIS, AND THEY SAY I HAVE FIBROMYALGIA?
I TAKE IBUPROPHEN 600 FOR THE PAIN, PLENTY OF HEAT, AND HOT WATER HELPS, IT IT GENERALLY HEALED BY THE THIRD DAY, UNLESS IT HAS GOTTEN INTO ANOTHER JOINT CLOSE BY.IT ACTS AS THOUGH IT HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN, IT COMES ON BY ITSELF. THIS HAS BEEN MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR, IT MAY HELP YOU IM NOT SURE?IVE HAD THIS 6 YEARS NOW.
REVIEW THIS WEBSITE!!!!! (especially the symptoms)
http://www.fluoroquinolones.org/REV10-Symptoms.htm

Have you recently taken antibiotics (within the last year)? If so, this may explain something that could be going on with you..

Good Luck.
ChickieLee,
Random joint pain can be caused by Lyme Disease.
See this site for symptoms and information:
http://www.canlyme.com/patsymptoms.html

Mary, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia Syndrome for 15 years before I got the right blood test for Lyme.
My docs kept doing the ELISA test, which misses half the Lyme cases...you may as well flip a coin.

I hope you'll both investigate this info.
Carol
I have been tested for lyme and it was negative.  I do however, have these symtoms (symptoms) from taking a quinolone antibiotic.  We are becoming a country of cripples because of the chemical poison we are being given to feel better.
I have been in pain for over 28 years. with back pain swollen joints, and fatigue.  The military doctors wanted me to alway see a shrink the pain and other symtoms (symptoms) are not in my mind.  It is real, and now the VA is treating me for  it.  To all of you out there fight for the test and don't take the mental route unless you feel depress.   With the pain you should feel depress.  Soory for typing, but I have trouble with the hands. Good luck and keep fighting to find some relief.
am 40 year old female.  I went to the dr about 4 months ago, for joint pain around elbows, wrists.i can run my hand down either arm, and i can feel lumps or knots, i dont know/.It hurts to use my arms to do anything most of the time.i also have pain around ankles knees, it is painful walking alot of times i have severe pain in spine say like after standing over sink for period up time. ....i do get night sweats, and run low grade fevers for no reason. the dr. ran my white blood count and it was elevated, he stated that it has been elevated just about everytime i had gone to the dr.  he also did RA bloodwork, but it came back negative.  He still referred me to an RA doctor but my appt isnt until dec.  and i hurt so much sometimes, its all i can do to get out of bed and go to work.  sometimes it huts to just walk. i wake up during the night with my arms hurting, i wake up with them tingling and numb. I have general weakness. if i am in a low car i almost cant get out.    I know I am rambling, but it is very aggravating, i am worried and frustrated ....anyone have any ideas?  Thanks, Ju
I had a bad fall from my horse about a year and a half ago...I broke my right leg and left wrist (the eighth fracture in 9 months)I have always been active. I am a young 58 year old woman but I believe this accident triggered the severe debilitating pain in my shoulders and hips. I have been to more doctors in the last few months than in my entire life and they(doctors) do not even seem to be able to help me manage the pain while they try and determine what my problem is. My arms and legs feel like   logs, I dread going to bed as I can not even turn over without excruciating pain. I truly would rather be dead.