Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Random Migratory Joint Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Random Migratory Joint Pain

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with some causes here; it seems my doctor can't -_-. At any rate around Jan. '11 I started getting this random joint pain. It's usually only one or two joints at a time and feels almost like it's super tight and needs to be stretched, but doing so only causes additional pain. It also only effects my shoulders, wrists, fingers, hips, ankles and as of recently my right knee. It usually has no swelling or redness and can be debilitating at times; usually clears up in 2-3 days and starts in a new joint. When I have an issue, I usually don't have any range of motion issues if I just push through the pain (can be hard though). My doctor said my blood work came back negative for anything strange. I know it's also not Hep A. or B. as I work in the sewer utilities and have had to be vaccinated. I thought perhaps Lyme disease but I don't have a rash and I don't recall seeing any other ticks on me at any time.

I've also wondered about arthritis and hypothyroidism, as they both run in my family, but my doctor just brushes me off saying I'm too young (26 years old) to be afflicted with either. Other than that, I've got normal blood sugars and pressure, I am overweight thought. Oh, and my mother has lupus (don't think it's directly hereditary though). If anyone can give me some ideas that I could take perhaps to another doctor, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

** Oh almost forgot, I have a low body temperature on average ~95.5 when I wake up and after working outside in 100+ heat all day, I finally get into the 98.x range. Thanks again!
I can take a guess at the problems but the solutions might be complicated. Migrating joint pain is a symptom of Lyme – my cousin in Massachusetts had it with that exact symptom.    
Dropping temp after physical exertion is a symptom of adrenal fatigue. Adrenal gland produces cortisol. Physical exertion requires additional cortisol – but  - the body can’t make it.  In fact, exertion burns the cortisol you’ve got handy, but due to AF you’re running a deficit – resulting in temporarily dropped body temp.
It is my guess – undocumented and unsupported – is that certain infections (lyme and /or others) impair the adrenal gland.
Your first step should  be to find an LLMD who will treat co infections.

good luck,
SeaWeed
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Arthritis or inflammation of joint that moves from joint to joint (migratory) can be due to Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, rheumatic fever, SLE, HIV, Lyme’s disease, sarcoidosis, Whipple’s disease, Henoch-Schnlein Purpura, bacterial endocarditis and gonoccoccal arthritis. Hashimotos thyroidits is another possibility. It can also be fibromyalgia and or chronic fatigue syndrome.
Any of these can start at your age, and all need to be ruled out by investigation and clinical correlation.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!
I don't have the temp problems But I deal with the joint pain-much to how you described....I have been told I have Fibromyalgia.....something you may want to look into and there are meds that can help some people.  I have read alot on lupus (as I have many other health issues) and if your mother has it you might not want to rule it out...you might be in the beginning stages.
Just as an update... finally found a doctor that would actually look at me with the symptoms I've been having. My blood work came back normal for the exception that I had a Rhumatoid Factor or 89 and my sedimentation rate was normal. So it is narrowed a bit but he was still bewildered by it so I've gotten a next round of blood work. Thanks for the help!