Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Random Swelling with Joint Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Random Swelling with Joint Pain

Every day for the past three weeks I have had random swelling, muscle ache, and joint pain. One day it will be my left forearm with muscle pain and then the next day it will be my heel swelling. Every day it is something different in a different place. My symptoms have been: Joint swelling in my fingers and toes, muscle ache in my forearms, random swelling bumps on the back of my neck arches of my feet and heels, and swollen lip. I have no allergies and have not seen any insect bites. The pain is mild and annoying. Could it be stress?
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139

Hello,

Hyperthyroidism is an important cause of joint pain and stiffness.Did you get your thyroid evaluation recently?

Joint pain and stiffness may also be found in arthritis. There are many types of arthritis, including rheumatoid and other types of inflammatory arthritis, osteoarthritis, infectious arthritis, and arthritis due to gout or pseudogout. Other causes of joint pain include autoimmune and vasculitic disorders (for example, systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyalgia rheumatica, and polyarteritis nodosa), avascular necrosis of bone, and injuries.

Other important causes could be polymyositis(a type of inflammatory myopathy or muscle inflammation) or fibromyalgia(Fibromyalgia (FM) is a disorder classified by the presence of chronic widespread pain and tactile allodynia i.e heightened and painful response to gentle touch)

Investigations like serum creatinine,uric acid,x-rays of the joints and MRI joints are required to make a diagnosis.

Pls discuss these options with your doctor. Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank