Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Random Swelling with Joint Pain

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Random Swelling with Joint Pain

Every day for the past three weeks I have had random swelling, muscle ache, and joint pain. One day it will be my left forearm with muscle pain and then the next day it will be my heel swelling. Every day it is something different in a different place. My symptoms have been: Joint swelling in my fingers and toes, muscle ache in my forearms, random swelling bumps on the back of my neck arches of my feet and heels, and swollen lip. I have no allergies and have not seen any insect bites. The pain is mild and annoying. Could it be stress?
1 Comment

Hyperthyroidism is an important cause of joint pain and stiffness.Did you get your thyroid evaluation recently?

Joint pain and stiffness may also be found in arthritis. There are many types of arthritis, including rheumatoid and other types of inflammatory arthritis, osteoarthritis, infectious arthritis, and arthritis due to gout or pseudogout. Other causes of joint pain include autoimmune and vasculitic disorders (for example, systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyalgia rheumatica, and polyarteritis nodosa), avascular necrosis of bone, and injuries.

Other important causes could be polymyositis(a type of inflammatory myopathy or muscle inflammation) or fibromyalgia(Fibromyalgia (FM) is a disorder classified by the presence of chronic widespread pain and tactile allodynia i.e heightened and painful response to gentle touch)

Investigations like serum creatinine,uric acid,x-rays of the joints and MRI joints are required to make a diagnosis.

Pls discuss these options with your doctor. Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.