Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Random joint and muscle pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Random joint and muscle pain

I have been having randomly painful joints for about two months now. The pain comes as a form of an che that last anything from three seconds to at most ten seconds or so. It stated primarily in the joints , first heals, knees wrist elbows and fingers, rarely I get the pain on my shoulders and shoulder blades. I now have difficulty going up/down stairs, or carrying heavy objects. When I take a medium distant walk in town it gets realy painful on the heals especially when I finally rest,evening in particular. When I use a a set pliers/cutters say for some home jobs I used to do, the hands get tied easily. Sometime I get the pain starting at the knee and travelling down the muscle to my ankle.

I went to a doctor and got prednisolone, the pain decreases but picks up after the medication. I am now on my third prednisoline dosage within the two or so months. Though this time I got a tapered dosage, and am now on the tapering dosage.There is some improvement but it doesnot seem to be going away.

1 Comment

Since when are you having these symptoms? Are you on any medications? Is your blood pressure and blood sugar in the normal range? Have you consulted a doctor for your symptoms?

There could be several causes for the symptoms you are having. Have any xrays been done? Which joints are involved? Does the pain shift from one joint to another?

Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder that causes stiffness and pain in the joints. Osteoarthritis involves growth of bone spurs and degeneration of cartilage at a joint. It is very common in adults older than 45 and can cause joint pain.

Joint pain may also be caused by bursitis (inflammation of the bursae). The bursae are fluid-filled sacs that cushion and pad bony prominences, allowing muscles and tendons to move freely over the bone.

For nonarthritis joint pain, both rest and exercise are important. Warm baths, massage, and stretching exercises should be used as frequently as possible.

Anti-inflammatory medications may help relieve pain and swelling. You could take some over the counter pain releif medications and apply some pain releif gels or creams to see if it helps with your symptoms.

Let us know if you need any further information.

Regards.