Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Random sicking attacks.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Random sicking attacks.

So, as far as I've remembered (I'm 19 now) I've had these random attacks that happen, most of the time I will be asleep, and wake up (but I don't always have to be asleep, like tonight.)

I went downstairs to get some food and while looking at the food I felt sick. I knew what was going to happen, but that didn't help in the slightest. I started shaking uncontrollably, sweating, and then eventually vomiting, and while trying to drink some orange juice, I vomited once more.

Now I'm upstairs, with a plate of food I made that I can't even touch because I'm so nauseous and this has happened to me quite a few times throughout my life. Like I said though, most of the time it happens when I'm asleep, and I wake up shaking, sweating, and then have to vomit and it is hard to hold anything down for a few hours.

So I was just curious, what is causing this? Is it serious, or is it something I just got from birth that I will have to deal with, also should I visit a doctor?
Yes, you should visit your doctor.

It may be one off types of food poisoning - make sure that you always wash your hands after using the toilet.  Don't touch raw meats and then other foods, always wash your hands with touching raw meat.  Keep raw meats away from other foods so that there is no possibility of it leaking blood onto other foods or contaminating them.

Always wash raw fruit and vegetables before eating them and always ensure that your meats are thoroughly cooked.

There may be other reasons for your vomiting and symptoms and the doctor will be able to decide which tests you will require.

With vomiting, you can lose fluids that could lead to dehydration, so make sure that you drink plenty of fluids and especially water.  If you feel nauseas, it is best to take small sips rather than drink a whole glassful all in one go.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes.