Rapidly Fluctuating Temp when ill
I have a strange thing that happens when I'm sick.  My temperature, which is normally 96.7 on average for me, fluctuates wildly!
For example when I had mastitis my mother took me to the hospital when my temp was at 102, 20 minutes later at the hospital is was 96.8.  Then less then 40 minutes later it was 104.  An hour or so after that it was 99 etc.  The nurse thought she was going crazy at one point and decided to monitor my temp every half hour - It fluctuated between 97.3 - 103.5.
This has caused a lot of problems for me since doctors and nurses often think that I am not sick because when I get into a clinic/ hospital etc. my temp has dropped.  

I have so underlying conditions - Migraines, fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue and I have several lesions in the frontal lobe.

Are these fluctuations something I need to be concerned about?
Thanks!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Rapidly fluctuating body temperature is seen in thyroid disorders, potassium level problems, electrolyte imbalance, lesions in the hypothalamus of the brain and in females due to polycystic ovary. Such a rapid variation in the body temperature should be looked into. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.