Rare and infrequent periods..
I'm 20 years old and I've always had really irregular periods. This past year I've only had three periods (august, february, and june/july). I went to a dr. and was asking her what it could be, and she was really unhelpful but gave me a 2 week supply of hormone pills and told me to call her if I hadn't had a period in 3 weeks. I had one (in february), but then didn't have one until june or july and haven't had one sense. When I do get my period, its always REALLY painful, and i feel sick for 1-2 days before and then in the first couple of days. I've had my thyroid tested and its not that, what else could it be?

There are a lot of causes for irregular Menstrual Cycle. Some of them are:

Stress, medications, caffeine, significant weigt gain or loss, over exercise, Polycystic ovarian syndrome, smoking, Uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis) etc.

You should consult your gynecologist who can order tests such as blood tests, ultrasound or biopsy to find out the cause and then start treatment.

Take care
Regards.