Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Rash on the inside of my leg/groin area

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Rash on the inside of my leg/groin area

I have 2 rashes on both of my groin/leg areas. They burn almost like sunburn. I figured it's just irritation it'll go away, but It's been about 2-3 weeks now and I still have them. I haven't been diagnosed with any STD since a risky incident 7 weeks ago. But I tested negative for HIV at just over 6 weeks, and negative for everything else at 4 weeks.

Anyone please have any guess what these rashes could be? I'm waiting for a doctor appointment Thursday, had to wait 10 days for the first available date, and I'm just looking to get any idea. Please respond. Thanks
Could be jock itch if you have ruled out STD's. Try buying an OTC spray or cream. Jock itch is the same as athlete's foot, just not on the feet.
Avatar n tn
Well they haven't all been ruled out yet since the window period is around 13 weeks for herpes, but I havent seen any lesions or anything 7 weeks post risky exposure.

I'll see what the doctor says Thursday. The fact that its been burning for about 3 weeks now isnt suggestive of an STD either
Avatar n tn
I agree it could jock itch or a yeast infection.  You can go to the store and buy some over the counter medication for both.  I would go with the jock itch medication first, then if its not getting better in a few days go and get a cream for vaginal yeast infection.  AND YES I KNOW... That sounds very weird, but like jock itch, you can get a yeast infection any where you have skin touching skin.  It is not uncommon.  I have seen a yeast infection in the groin area, underarms, belly area when someone is over weight,  and under the breast.  The problem with these kind of infections is that they spread.  So, you could have had a little area that is now spreading down your leg.  I would keep the doctors appointment just in case the over the counter meds don't work.  Good luck!
jock itch and yeast infection medications are the same drug, just under different brand labels
If you go to this website, you can see pictures of different skin conditions, and compare them to yourself.

http://dermatlas.med.jhmi.edu/derm/
Avatar n tn
I have the exact same problem.
Much worse on the left leg.
Has not spread to my scrotum.
I've tried everything, even ice. Nothing works.
It does not itch, but is like a mild sunburn as you say.
Please email me if you get a cure.

Alexander - ***@****
Avatar n tn
it could be a yeast infection . my wife works in a nhs lab and she suggests eating less bread etc. i've had the same problem myself
Avatar n tn
it could be a yeast infection . my wife works in a nhs lab and she suggests eating less bread etc. i've had the same problem myself . since cutting bread out of my diet i have'nt had the problem since.

i hope this helps