Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Rashkess Shingles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Rashkess Shingles

I after a two year search of many types of doctors went to a pain specialist. He told me I have rashless shingles. It is a real thing AND NO YOUR NOT CRAZY! I have been posting about a lump on my rib cage and now will post this site on that site. It seems my pain goes in cycles does any one else have this type of thing? Were the pain starts to get better then you go from I can deal with this I think I am getting better . To passout burning , tearing pain you cant deal with without some kind of pain meds and lay in bed and cant move? The Pain Doctor wants me to do nerve blocks for PHN but when I looked it up it is not the recomended treatment. I started uping my dose of neurotian and taking valuium to calm me down but I take these meds for neuralgia in my head. I guess my question is has anyone done the nerve blocks and has it helped.
Thanks Julie

This discussion is related to shingles without a rash.
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In rashless shingles, it is often the only treatment that can be tried. Talk to your doctor about the possibility of improvement with acyclovir and steroids.
If this does not help then nerve block is the only option as this pain will not respond to conventional therapy.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Maybe you can seek another opinion. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!