Recovery Time for a Lacerated Spleen
I am a 17 year old male and I lacerated my spleen in a hockey game about 3 weeks ago.  How long till i can play hockey again?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
How long after a spleenic laceration you will recover depends on the degree of injury. However most lacerations heal and you will be able to play again. Most people can resume light activity in 3-4 weeks if there is no surgical repair. If there is surgical repair involved it takes 3-4 months to recover. After spleen removal about 6-7 months are required for full recovery. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
They didn't have to do any surgery, but I was watched in the hospital for about 6 days.  Would you possibly know the abouts on how long I am out for any physical activity including hockey? Thanks again!
Thanks for keeping me posted!
You can probably resume light activity after 3-4 weeks. This is then gradually increased over next 3-4 months. Playing hockey is strenuous activity and should be attempted only after clearance from your doctor. Also only the physician who is seeing you can assess this situation correctly. In all it would take anything from 3-6 months to resume a strenuous activity. Hope this helps. Take care!
How did recovery go?  My 18 yr old son has same injury, occurred 3 wkd ago.  What is your status?  Have you returned to hockey?
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.