Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Rectal bleeding during period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Rectal bleeding during period

After I had my second child i noticed that i was bleeding in two spots.  I just ignored it and thought i was imagining it, but it is still going on. When i have my period i notice i still bleed rectally and my bowel movements during this time are not extremely painful, but i have soreness and a little pain. When i am not on my period, i have no symptoms of pain or bleeding from my rectum. What could be causing this?  I am curious to know.  I would appreciate any advice you have to offer.  Thank you!
Well if its of any comfort I also had it but it was due to a fissure in the rectum that eventually healed and also hemmeroid which durring my period seemed to get inflamed.  But it was near the outside sorry TMI.  If you feel pain in that area durring a movement, chances are its one of those two things but if you are not having any pain - then I'd see your doc for an exam well regardless I'd see your doc but I hope this offers some comfort.

p.s. is it bright red?  If so chances are its one of the above but if your seeing dark blood or blackish blood that is more deeper in the rectum or intestine
I too have had some of the same problems since the birth of my son.  I keep thinking that it is probably just hemorrhoids since I was in labor a very long time.  My son is 18 months now and it isn't really any better.  Sometimes it even feels like it is hard for me to go...like something is blocking it.  Bowel movements are also kind of painful now and It almost always hurts when coming out..like it is scraping something.  I too bleed sometimes.
I wonder if it could be a tear between the vaginal/rectal wall? The menstrual blood would then leak through and out of the rectum. Sometimes some tears go un-noticed during labour! Get your doc to check it out with an internal exam, and hope this puts your mind at rest, Katie