Recurrent high fever in 2-year-old.
My sister in law has a rare blood disorder called Familial Mediterranean fever. My husband is a carrier and we think that my son has it. He's showing some of the symptoms, but not all, and we don't really know that much about it. I was looking online today and it said that it causes elevated white blood count. I don't understand what that means, he was in the hospital two weeks ago for three days because his wbc was 23, he was dehydrated, and his fever was up to 104.2. He'd been running a fever for four days and it wouldn't break. What does elevated wbc mean?
Typically, your white blood cell count is elevated when your body is trying to fight off an infection.  They are the cells that "attack" the invaders (bacteria, etc.)I'm not familiar with the hereditary disease you spoke about, but a high WBC generally leads to a diagnosis of some type of infection.
Have you had him specifically tested for this disorder?