Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Recurring Nasal Sore

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Recurring Nasal Sore

For several years, I've experienced sores in my left nostril that flare-up around my period or when I'm taking an antibiotic: a burning itch precedes blisters that crust over with yellow fluid.

Yes, it's disgusting.

The sores last a couple of weeks. What's your advice on treatment?

Incidentally, I was diagnosed with asthma and microvascular disease (via cath)in the past two years. Would it be worth my time to ask my doc to work me up for Churg-Strauss Syndrome? (Could the nose sores actually be polyps that get infected?)

Thanks,

C <-- playing doctor
It can be a form of herpes.  Everytime I get a cold or my period I get the same exact thing except it is on and surrounding my upper lip.  If its blisters most likely its herpes.  Been getting them for years and years.  It you also feel a slight pulsing and a tingle (cant think of anything else to describe) than you get the blisters and then they ooze, then crust over.  Just to be on the safe side always always wash your hands after coming in contact with them. If it is herpes it can spread so be extra careful.  By the way I always get them in the same exact spot month after month my right upper lip area rarely any where else on my lip.  This is just an idea but it  sounds like it.  But always go to the doctor and ask them especially during the breakout they can then see and let you know better.

Sorry just wanted to add one more thing.  Not sure what the other thing you mentioned was so cant comment, but I can say going to the doctor and asking questions is always worth someones time especially when you can be helped or put at ease about somehting.
i know of 2 people who have the same problem and they were told it is herpes.
I too have had the same problem with the left nostril.  Was told for years that it was because I have deviated septum and my sinuses drain into the skin-but recently told it is probably herpes...though I tried toe zovriclar and it only irrited it more.....who's right?
kelly