Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Recurring pain through my whole body...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Recurring pain through my whole body...

For some months now I've been having recurring pain in my whole body. It's what I would describe as an strong, acute and presitant pain through my whole body (kinda like muscular pain). From my arms, chest, legs, fingers and toes. It comes and goes but it's very strong and it's starting to affect my every day life.

I have already gone to a doctor and he asked me to get some X-Rays of my spinal column. They said I have mild scoliosis, the orthopedist said it was nothing to worry about. So what else could be causing all my pain? It's starting to worry me and the only way to lighten it is to take potent pain killers which also affect my every day life because they have side effects.

Besides the pain, it seems that when I have the pain, I also get super-active bowels, with above average ocurrence of flatulence.

Please help me, I'm going to the doctor again soon, but it's very strong pain and anything I can find about it is usefull.

Do a search on Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Thyroid, MS, Lyme disease, Lupus, and other autoimmune diseases. Not to scare you, but your symp's are a lot like these sicknesses. Don't let doctors or anyone disregard any concerns you have about these either. I hope it's something simple, it could be, something in your diet, a new med or allergy, and also your back problems can cause pain too. Don't scare yourself into a panic that we easily can do with researching these symp's, but they are possibilities that you can ask your doc about. Hope you feel better soon.
Well, from what I've been reading it's more probable to be Fibromyalgia, but it's strange as from what I saw the pain should increase when I engage into heavy physical activity. But when I do engage into physical activity I can't feel any pain, it usually comes when I'm resting (I can sleep without any problems).
Yes, Fibromyalgia is not only painful, it's confusing. Everyone has their own individual symp's. Your description of pain sounds a lot like what mine was, (Have FMS 15 yrs) excercise and hard work usually caused a flare afterwards, and also some activitity like a walk or stretches helped alleviate pain for me as well. Its changed for me now, but that's apart of FM too, spreading, changing in degree's of pain or aches, travels to different areas of your body, lightens up for no apparent reason, and then comes back when you least expect it. check out fmnetnews.com, they have a lot of good explinations and suggestions and support. Look at their "overlap" of symp's graph. Hope it helps and let me know what you find out.
Your symptoms sound so much like mine did and still do.  I have been living with fibromyalgia for 8 years now.  I had just made the comment to someone a couple of weeks ago that I had felt really good for a while now-- and now everything aches again.  Before I was first diagnosed, I thought I was loosing my mind.  Because the doctors kept saying it was nothing.  Keep looking until you find someone who will really listen to you. There are several good books that can help you learn more about FMS and its symptoms:  One of these is: Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome A survival Manual   by Devin Starianyl, M.D.,  Mary Ellen Copeland, M.S.,M.A.
A related discussion, pain in whole body was started.