Recurring sharp pain
For many years I've had episodes of sharp pains - the best I can do to describe it is being jabbed by a needle that delivers a rapid shock. The initial piercing, jolting pain lasts for only a fraction of a second, but the area around it (3-5 inches in diameter) will feel very sore and tender for ~30 seconds before gradually fading away. These jolts of pain usually happen in regular intervals (anywhere from every 30 seconds to every few minutes) for 30 minutes to a couple hours. It almost always happens in one fixed spot, although the spot can vary (the side of my head, my thigh, my arm, my side) and only once has the pain jumped around in multiple spots during one episode.

But over the past three days, it hasn't stopped. It doesn't happen at a predictable interval but throughout the day (and night) I keep getting these jolts of pain below my left armpit. Does anyone have an idea of what it could be?