Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Red Bumps Above Uvula (with Photo)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Red Bumps Above Uvula (with Photo)

i hope that someone can take a look at the photo and give me some idea as to what this is. I made an appointment with my doctor, but he can't get me in for another week. For the past few months, I have had the urge to clear my throat constantly, and it often ends up feeling sore. The other day, I decided to look in my mouth with a flashlight because it felt like there was something stuck in the back of my throat, and I saw some bumps, symmetrically arranged above my uvula in two lines. Also, there are similar tiny bumps on the roof of my mouth in the soft palate area, that feel a little like sandpaper (though not as densely arranged) when I rub my tongue along it. Any idea what this is?? I will go nuts waiting another week for my doctor's appointment, and am wondering if I need to go to urgent care or not. Thanks in advance for any help.

You can see a picture here:
http://home.Comcast.Net/~xylox/anori.Jpg

Note: the "J" in the above URL is capitalized intentionally, so if you have difficulty seeing the picture then please check that. Thanks!
-7 Comments
I have some little red bumps on the back of my throat too.  They're hard kinda but when I rub my tongue on them it just feels like my throat is peeling.  Did you ever find out what they are?  My allergies are acting up so my throat has been kind of scratchy, that's when I noticed them.  I felt them there before but I never looked at them until recently.  I hope it's nothing serious.
HI, as shellifer asked, have you found out what these bumps are? I have a similar situation and this is really freaking me out.  I am studying in another country and they charge an arm and leg for a check up so I have to wait 'till I get back to the US.  can you let us know as soon as possible?  Thanks dude.