Red Hands & Feet while eating
Why when I eat do my hands turn bright red and are very hot as well as my feet?
Just thought I'd pass along that it can at times point to celiac disease...you can get tested for this by dr and I believe there are certain markers that will show up, as well as other symptoms or history they will take into account, sometimes things we think are not related can suddenly make sense...My feet and hands swell and get very red, particularly my feet while or after eating...also painful and uncomfortable bloating under ribs, and not even after much food. Have many problems from when I was teenager. So now that many symptoms are worsening or not resolving, I am having to investigate and get testing initiated...I am researching some things so I know what to ask the dr for regarding tests I can get. One thing I have found out recently, due to my husband receiving a diagnosis, is that I am loading iron, called iron overload, his is confirmed with genetic test, mine not yet, but excess iron is so toxic that it damages organs, tissues and joints, making people vulnerable to neurological, gastrointestinal disorders, even heart failure, and endocrine damage, diabetes, arthritis, vision damage...we are finding out the list is quite endless and varied, but real and dangerous. So there are a couple things for you to check out. BTW, the iron tests we found out about our iron with are not routine...they are measured by ferritin, transferrin saturation%, TIBC and serum iron. It is a genetic disorder, very common, and found predominantly among European descent.

But, the red hands and feet as I mentioned can point to celiac's disease. There are root causes of gastrointestinal disorders...it's finding out why we have them is the challenge.

Take care...
There is a possibility that you are allergic to something in the foods you are eating.  It could be the specific food or an ingredient in it.  If you can't have a food allergy test done to identify some culprits you could try an elimination diet.  Check out some books and web sites by Dr. Doris Rapp for more information.