Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Red spots on lower part of legs

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Red spots on lower part of legs

My fiance has developed bright red spots on the lower parts of both legs and on down onto the sides of his feet.  Some are small like pin pricks and others are larger.  They look like small hematomas or as if small vessels have erupted.  He has been having some problems with fatigue since he had Mono and viral menegitis.  Since that time he has had problems with body aches, fatigue, and stomach illness.  Is all of this possibly linked or they seperate.  I am worried that there maybe something that was missed or maybe has developed since.

Michelle
Hi Michelle

I am glad you reported the problem at the first go.

Rash do appear in meningitis, especially in meningococcal meningitis. Please refer to http://www.meningitis.com.au/signs_and_symptoms/meningitis.phtml Fatigue, body ache etc could be due to underlying low grade fever. There are chances that he has not recovered fully. Please refer to the link http://dermnetnz.org/site-age-specific/lower-leg.html to identify the type of rash and know more about rash on lower legs.

Its difficult to diagnose a rash without examining it.  Please immediately consult your physician about this. You may need to undergo some blood tests for this.

Let me know what your doctors say. If you need more help, please feel free to contact. I’ll be happy to answer your queries.
Thank you so much for your response to my question.  I think I may have found what is causing the red spots on my fiance's legs, exercise-induced Capillaritis.  He had been working almost all day in the yard carrying yard debris.  He was sick a few days earlier with stomach issues with fever, fatigue and body aches.  After taking a shower and finding the spots on his legs he began feeling sick again.  I have informed him of what you wrote and explainned that he needs to see a doctor.  Thanks again and I will wait to see what his doctors says and if I have anymore questions I will surely contact you back.  Have a wonderful day.
Hi Michelle

I am glad your problem is sorted out. Thanks for replying. Please keep me posted about what his doctor’s say. All the best! Have a great time in life!