Relieve my severe itchy skin after taking a shower
        I've had to deal with this for 6 years now and want answers. My skin itches so bad after i get out of the shower and some times when i get into bed I want to tear my skin off! I've tried useing baby wash, Hypo-allergenic body wash, shampoo and conditioner, and laundry detergent, Shea butter lotion, Aveeno lotion, and even Cetaphil. All of this even without fragrance. The itching lasts 30 min. sometimes to an hour. I find that drying off then lotioning right after a shower and then getting dressed as soon as possible helps but not always. I can't say if it's chlorine or not because we have well water. My face, scalp, armpits, and feet dont ever itch whats the deal?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
You probably have pressure urticaria. The water from the shower hits your skin in sprays and causes this itching. Try gently pouring water over your body using a bcket and a mug and see if this makes a difference.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I have that too!
Super annoying
That's actually what drove me to google my itchiness, it was so bad tonight
Will try the bucket thing
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.