Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Restless Leg After Surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Restless Leg After Surgery

Well here goes: I had a surgery on my right femur exactly a week ago. It was a reconstruction surgery due to problems with one of my leg-lengthening procedures, but that is beside the point. Since I have been home I can NEVER get comfortable because of my LEFT leg being restless. Now I have been injured from the previous surgery for the last 11 months and have been on Xodol (painkiller equal with Norcoe or Vikodin, sorry if misspelled). In the hospital the pain on my right was so bad that I had an epidural in my back and then I was switched to oral pain meds a few days before going home. The odd thing is that since I have been home, my pain in my right leg is fine and I dont need the Xodol, but my headaches from the epidural also compelled me to stay on plain Ibuprofin products. So I am unsure what is causeing the restless feeling, but it is making my go nuts. I am thinking it is the lack of Xodol because I think that I had this problem once before when I missed a dose or several, but I cannot remember fully. So what should I do? My headaches are almost gone and I am trying to stay back on Xodol just to see if the restlessness dies out and then I might know better. If it is how do I get off the Xodol when I want to? I have Tramadol (again spelling may be off) and it may be able to wean me down later on and then eventually step off of the Tramadol to some Tylenol or IB? I am really unsure and feel like I am ranting on and on, but I just want to give the most info I can.

PS:If you want further medical history I can give it. I.e. I am a diabetic.
Tags: epidural, Pain
1 Comment
what antibiotics were you given in hospital?