Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Rheumatoid Arthritis/Fibromyalgia?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Rheumatoid Arthritis/Fibromyalgia?????

I have been going to a group of physicians at a great place. They work together. Very 1st symptom was a weird left sided twitch from upper left side of head down through eye to arm. It kind of jerked my body to the left, or caused me to jerk to left. I then started getting tired, I mean exhausted, sleepy. I never fell asleep watching tv or a movie, but suddenly I was coming home from work and if I sat on couch before I made dinner I was out, and worse I was unable to  be woken up. This exhaustion and tiredness excreased as did the left sided twitches. Even at night I started having severe jerking of legs, toe, shoulder, deep inside ribs. Weird, but if you were close watch out because my legs would twitch hard. Then it was impossible to be woken up. I would sleep for 20 hours or so, do this for a week then ok for awhile then back. I also was having headaches, numbness in left finger tips.At times one finger would go numb, then the next then go to next. Until I freaked out and kept doing everything to get feeling back. I had every test, MRI showed white matter spots(it is normal to have 1 per decade of life), I had 5 then 6 mos later 7 or 8. Luckily it was not in the area of MS, but still it was a sign of some kind of autoimmune disorder. As time and test went on, they checked for epilepsey, but I have Epileptic Form Activity, but not Epilepsey. Severe myoclonic jerks.I also had extreme hyper reflex and sensitivity to light sounds and light touches, would cause me to jerk. My knees did not need a hammer just knowing the Dr. was heading to the drawer where it was, my lefts would not hold still. I would have to hold one leg while he checked them and he would get clear out of the way. But then it started happening when I was at gymnastics and when the girls would jump over something my leg would kick, I take Klonopin(clonazepam), if I forget or just get tired of taking so much medication the kicking will start back up, 2 nights ago I was watching a moving and a guy was being chased and running and jumping and my leg just kept jerking so hard. Then I was at a store and bent down but could not get up, it hurt but was more of a weakness, but it increased to severe pain in knees, lower back, hands and wrist, ankles top of foot, shoulders and neck and facial pain.The pain got worse and I gained weight fast, it was water weight, I had fluid build up in both knees and shoulders, ankles and hands.  I also have chronic sinusitis and a perferated nasal septum do to numerous infections and steroid nose spray.After Elevin EG's, MRI's Sleep test, Blood test, Lumbar Puncture. and about 3 years I have been finally diagnosed with 1. Kleine-Levin sleep disorder, 2. Rheumatoid(Inflammatory Arthritis), Mild Osteoarthritis, Hyper-Reflex, Recurrent non-epileptic seizure activity(Myoclonic Jerks)severve jerks.
3. Fibromyalgia, migraine headaches. It has been the weirdess and worse 3 years.
u should take advise from a neurosurgion,along with a rheumatologist
did they check and see if you had a stroke.  sounds like everything is on your left side.  did they xray your brain.  I would have them check out all possibilities.  take care of your self.  mandy876