Right Abdominal Pain
I'm 52 years old and I have been getting a pain on my right side of abdomen below rib cage which  is getting more frequent over quite a few weeks.  I developed a chronic pain in my chest below right breast and thought I was having a heart attack, had all the GI work ups only showed a thicken gallbladder wall. Ultra sounds have not found anything.  Feels like a baseball in my side. Sometimes it burns, but mostly just hurts like a toothache.  I was told it could be a pulled muscle, I would really like some help on what to ask the doctors.  I know I am hurting, but no medical answers have been found.  Can anybody advise me?
mine was doing that to, and it showed up to be a 5 cm cyst on my right ovary
Has anyone ever mentioned Plurisy? It hurts terribly. Does it hurt to breathe?
If the ultra sound didn't really show anything other than the thickening in the wall of your gall bladder (which to me would be something I would want to ask questions about), then it could be some type of nerve thing... Maybe question why the wall of your gall bladder would be thickened, and what that means for you? Ask if that COULD be the culprit behind the pain. Ask if they would consider removing it, just to make sure. Not that you want to have abdominal surgery, just if it is an option if they can't find anything else. Chronic pain doesn't have to be a 10 out of 10 to make you feel like you are going nuts. Chronic pain, no matter how intense, can make you feel like going off the deep end sometimes, just due to the nature of how your mind works... Its your health, so its worth pressing for answers... Good luck!
There's a test called a HIDA scan that could be useful if other scans and blood tests don't show anything wrong.  The HIDA tells what percent of function you have in the gallbladder.  It can actually be infected without showing up in a blood test.

There is also a kind of liver cyst called a focul nodular hyperplasia.  Lots of people have them (including me), but in a few people, they get too big and start to cause pain. An MRI or a CT scan would show it.