Right abdominal and rib cage pain
For the last two months now I have been in debilitating pain. It started with occasional sharp pains in my upper right abdomen along with a constant burning pain that wraps around to my back with a spot between my lowest right rib and hip that has a stronger burning feeling. I have had 2 ultra sounds that showed nothing, 2 CT scans (with & with out contrast) that showed nothing. The pain has been progressive, it gets worse by the day. I now have rib cage pain as well along with pressure pain in my rib cage (like balloons are being blown up under my ribs). The more I move the worse it hurts, if I sit up straight it hurts, I spend most of my time in bed. I had an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy that showed nothing. I had a HIDA scan that showed my gallbladder function a 43% (low side of normal). Two and a half weeks ago I had an exploratory laparoscopy. They searched my whole abdomen, liver, spleen, uterus, everything but me kidneys. We had agreed before hand that if they found nothing to go ahead and remove my gallbladder and appendix, which is what they did. The pathology on both was normal. Last Friday I had a bone scan of my ribs along with x-rays, they also showed nothing. At this point all my doctor had left for ideas was to send me to a pain specialist. I just want to know what’s wrong with me, I don't just want more pain meds I want an answer. As it stands I take 6 Darvocet a day (two, three times) just so that I can walk and talk with out screaming. I'm scared. Blood work, x-rays, scans, surgery, it's all shown nothing. I can't work, I can't drive a car, I can't play with my child. If any one has ANY ideas please let me know.

One of the important possibilities that need to be ruled out is multiple myeloma. Multiple myeloma is a tumor of the bone cells and typically presents with severe pain in the back and side of the lower ribs. It is diagnosed by Electrophoresis (EP) which measures the levels of various proteins in the blood or urine.Bone scans and bone marrow biopsy are also sometimes helpful in confirming.Kidney disease is the first manifestation of this disease and so kidney functions also need to be monitored.

Pls discuss this possibility with your physician. I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted.