Right flank pain after bad cough
After several days of hard coughing, I have severe pain in my right side. I've coughed hard enough before that I've had some irritation in my chest, but this is lower, much more painful, and only on one side. The pain is located between my breast and my belly button, and wraps around from the side to my stomach and back. It hurts terribly to cough, roll over in bed, carry any weight, etc. It does not hurt to breathe. I'm not short of breath and I don't have a fever.

I saw a physicians assistant three days ago about the cold\cough symptoms, and he said my lungs sounded clear. I had been taking Mucinex and coughing up some mucus, but I haven't been taking it the past few days because it hurts so bad to cough. If I don't take the medicine, I don't cough much, and I don't feel like I need* to cough either.  

Any idea why my side hurts so bad, even though I haven't been coughing much in days? I've been using a heating pad some and took a muscle relaxer today, but nothing seems to help.

Your case is to be evaluated. Go for X ray chest,blood  for TC,DC,ESR. To rule out pneumonitis or pleural effusion. Or any  other non specific infection. Due to heavy dry cough your respiratory muscles are fatigued and gives severe pain.

Ok and wish you speedy recovery.