Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Round Purple Bruises

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Round Purple Bruises

Three round, purple bruises with a well defined pinkish-tan center appeared out of nowhere and without the obvious causes. Two were/are where the inside and backside of the arm meet, on the elbow end of the lower left arm. One is/was where the outside and backside of the calf meet, on the knee end of right leg. No, I did not get bit by an insect or spider, did not get hit or grabbed, did not bump anything or take any new medicine. However I was in so much abdominal pain for about four days prior to the mysterious bruising that my blood pressure went from my average 113/80 to 140/90. Also I did have some rectal bleeding the night before. What are the possibilities that might cause such bizaar symptoms?
Do take a picture of these bruises and any others that may come up. Show them to your doctor and ask if they look like anything that could be autoimmune related. A friend gets some that look similar to your description, and her doc says they are autoimmune related. Hers, even when they subside, stay visible for a long time.

Anemia and deficiency of vitamins C, K, B12, or folic acid are the common causes of easy bruisability.Try taking iron tablets and multivitamins for some days and see if the symptoms improve.
Since rectal bleeding and abdominal pain were also there,so other possibilities also need to be considered.Other possibility is of aplastic anemia and leukemia(a cancer of the blood or bone marrow and is characterized by an abnormal proliferation of blood cells, usually white blood cells (leukocytes).

Pls get yourself evaluated by a physician and look out for SLE, bone marrow disorders, liver diseases or leukemias. I think that you need to undergo a comprehensive blood testing profile to rule out any bleeding disorder or clotting disorder and these possibilities.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Thank you for your comments, they mean more than you could imagine to me. Lupus does run in the family but I tested negative. Also I do have growths in my left clavicle and axilla that have been growing for years an nodules on both lungs. The doctors dont really want to work with me because I have no insurance and only work part time. I am a returning full time student and receptionist at the college where I go to school. One doctor actually said it has been this long so it can't be serious. My maternal Aunt had a breast removed in her thirties, she is now in her sixeties and has refused to go back to the doctors since they took her breast. My maternal Grandfather died of lung cancer even though he never smoked a ciggarette in his life. For over a year the doctors kept saying there is nothing wrong until three months before his death. I have taken pictures but dont know how to post them. Again thanks for your time and responses.
Becky,
Compare your rash to these pictures:  http://www.canlyme.com/rash.html

Also, click on "symptoms" on the left side of that page, for symptoms of tick borne infections.

Wishing you the best,
Carol
Even though i do get full body rashes and trunk rashes every now and then as well as neck/upper chest rashes more often, the round bruises are very definate bruises with clearly defined centers. Unlike the rashes i get that come and go within hours (4-48 hrs) these bruises take awhile and go through very simular color changes as my regular bruises.

Thanks,
Becky64