Run down?
Hi, Im just wondering what the general symptoms of being "run down" are. Im constantly tired, am having skin break outs, mouth ulcers, stys and dermatitis flare ups, as well as feeling generally un well. Are these symptoms normal? I get them quite often, maybe once every 2 months. Thank you in advance!!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since you have recurrent mouth ulcers, styes, skin break outs etc and feel run down, the first thing to be eliminated is diabetes. In females even polycystic disease of the ovary as a cause of diabetes should be looked into. Urticaria or hives too can cause a feeling of run down. The other possibility is anemia, hypothyroidism, low or high blood pressure, low serum electrolytes, chronic fatigue syndrome or poor sleep.
Hope this helps. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!