Running fever
I was wondering if anyone out here might know what is going on with me.I'm a 36 years old male. I have been running a fever of 101.5 for the past 2 weeks. No other side effects except for chills (sometimes) and being tired and achy back. Fever usually comes in the afternoon. I take ibuprofen  to keep it down.- it works but the very next day same thing all over. Went to the doctor.  I had chest X-ray – came out good. Had blood test –good as well. I’m kind of desperate here.  Anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciete.
Thank you
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Recurrent or chronic fever is seen in tuberculosis, SLE, rheumatoid arthritis, Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) and other auto immune disorders, UTI, drug fever, glandular fever, HIV, STDs, endocarditis, parasitic infestations, fungal infections, lymphomas and other cancers etc.
If you belong to the fairer sex, then even polycystic ovary, menopause, PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) should be investigated for.

Ofcourse, a number of times no diagnosis can be reached and the fever subsides after some time.

Hope this helps. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!