SEVERE BURNING SENSATION IN UPPER OUTER THIGH
When I stand up or walk, I experience a severe burning sensation in my upper outer thigh which subsides when I sit or lay down. When I am standing, and I clench my thigh and buttocks muscles, the painfull burning sensation eases off. When I start walking or stand up again, the burning sensation returns. The Pain starts at the upper buttocks / hip area, and runs down my outer left thigh.
Please help with advice

Regards

ASTRO
From the symptoms it looks like a pinched nerve or irritated spinal nerve which is causing this burning sensation. A pinched nerve is caused when a nerve is somehow damaged or injured by direct pressure or compression. To confirm the diagnosis, you need a MRI lower spine, NCV( nerve conduction velocity) and EMG ( elecetromyography).

I suggest you to consult a neurologist and get it ruled out. Other causes which need to be investigated are diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidism, peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.