SMIRNOFFS AND CHEST PAIN
Hi, Im 20 yrs old female and i know im not at the legal age to be drinking alcohol as of yet, but the other night. I was drinking a couple of smirnoffs, and after the 3rd one i started to get this pressure pain. I usually always get some type of pressure pains when i drink Smirnoff or mikes hard lemonade. I get a pressure pre pain on my shoulder like its tightening up or something, or i get chest pressure pains like if its tightening up also or like someone is sitting on me. Last night was a bit different, i felt like my ribs had pressure and were tightening up on my lungs, and I started to get shortness of breath. It hasn't failed at all. Am i allergic to something or is it all the sugar in the beverage?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Vodka is made of wheat, rye, and barley. Hence if you have gluten allergy you can have severe acidity or indigestion like symptoms that can cause pain in chest and shoulder. It is also possible that you have gall bladder problems or pancreatitis. The other possibility is that the drink triggers severe acidity. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!