Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
SOLUTION!!!! I found RELIEF after 13 years!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I came across this discussion thread a few days ago.  I normally don't like these types of boards since they seem to be pages and pages of problems but no solutions.  So I hope I can offer a solution for at least one person here who is suffering.   I have had recurring chronic pain in my right upper back rhomboid area and shoulder area for about 13 years.  Without going into all my personal history, suffice it to say that I have dealt with SEVERE pain.  The only "injury" I could ever relate it to, although it didn't start until years later, was a minor car accident where I had my hand on the horn and someone hit me from the front and my arm jammed up into my shoulder - "minor" but caused some strain at the time that honestly went away after a few months.  Years later, sitting at my desk, my rhomboid locks up.  I'm an accountant and tend to hunch over my keyboard and desk - good ergonomics but still occasional bad habits.  Sever pain that occasionally gets "better" - more tolerable - but never clears up.  After a big flare up and the worst pain I have had in years that flared up right after Christmas, I decided to get this resolved once and for all, whatever it takes.  I have been going to a new massage therapist for about 6 weeks who has been eager to work with me to resolve this problem.  Last night, BREAKTHROUGH.  Major breakthrough.  MAJOR.  After talking through changes I had over the last week, and starting in the Rhomboid area for a few minutes, she focused most of the time on the subscapularis. I have had LOTS of deep tissue, sports therapy type massage theraphy over the years, but when she found the deep spot in this muscle, I thought I was going to hit the ceiling. I breathed through it but it was intense.  The intensity of the feeling radiated down my arm into my wrist (where I have been having pain that I thought was due to another problem, but NO - it is related!!! http://healingconsciously.blogspot.com/2011_03_01_archive.html ).  After at-length work on this subscapularis muscle from different angles (I could tell it was difficult for her), she was finally able to get the point to release.  Then she started working on its connection point, where an entirely different intense feeling resulted, but finally also released.  She would move away and come back, but ultimately it released.  Afterward, when she rotated my arm to stretch it above my head, I LAUGHED OUT LOUD - it felt so good, and the range of motion was better than I have had in years.  I didn't even KNOW it was that bad.  This morning, I still have some tightness in the Rhomboid area, but the entire area feels "released" - that is the only way I know to explain it.  Some soreness from the treatment, but just loose and released and MOSTLY PAIN FREE.  I AM SO THRILLED.  My husband couldn't believe how giddy I was when I got home last night - he has seen me suffer with this - the incredible relief I felt was so overwhelming to me, I cried!   I immediately searched "subscapularis release" online when I got home - I found the link below -  VERY INTERESTING READ THAT LINKS RHOMBOID AREA PAIN TO THE SUBSCAPULARIS issues and IT IS OFTEN OVERLOOKED as the culprit because of the intense pain in the Rhomboid area!  I hope it helps some of you.  I will continue this treatment over the next few weeks and repost if anything changes.  Good luck!    http://www.gcmt.org.uk/Portals/0/documents/Subscapular_Work.pdf

This discussion is related to Rhomboid muscle pain - 10 years with little relief.
WOW! AWESOME!
Thank you . I am in my thirties and a full time student and have had this same problem for years. I am originally from South America and could never explain this to anyone. I tried this and THANK YOU sending hugs of healing..
That's what I love to hear!  and that's why I share.  It has been 10 days since that appointment and I am still feeling great!  I have had two appointments since then and she is continuing to work on related areas - I can just feel the process working for a change and I am still just so excited.  Good luck!