SORE CHEST & TUBES
I for the last 2 days have had norovirus & have had continuous vomiting & diarrhea.
I woke up today feeling 100 times better however my chest & tubes hurts when i breathe in & generally feels sore. I have never had a chest infection & i don't smoke. I am not coughing up any sputum..

Is this from all the vomiting or a chest infection?

How are you now?
I am not sure whether you were diagnosed with norovirus infection or you assume it is so. This infection is usually self limiting. You need to drink plenty of fluids. Aches and pain are a part of this problem. However, I would advice you to see your physician if the symptoms persist.

Hope this helps. If you need more help, please feel free to contact. I’ll be happy to answer your queries. Please keep me posted.

Many thanks for replying.

I was diagnosed with it yes as i am a staff nurse & my ward has a current outbreak so i had to send in a stool sample.
I was just a bit worried about my chest having never suffered any problems there. i think it is probably part & parcel of it & from the amount of vomiting i did.

Nicola
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.