Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
SUDDEN BURNING IN FACE NECK RIGHT ARM AND CHEST

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have really bad stress and anxiety and and I have been coping with the anxiety with Zoloft and it's been pretty good, but this morning I woke up and my arm had a tickly feeling like I cut off the circulation in it. Then my shoulder suddenly felt cold internally (but not to the touch)and all of the sudden my whole right arm, neck face and right side of my chest began to burn like hotsauce was in my blood. My temperature was normal but I was super uncomfortable. Also, several mornings when I wake up, if I lay on my arm (either arm), my pinky finger and palm directly under pinky are asleep and I have to shake them out for a few minutes.

I still feel kind of itchy and every so often, I feel the burning, but much milder and in smaller area's. The weird thing now, is I even feel it in my legs too. Now I can't tell the diffence between being hot, cold, or if it's that pain coming back

I called one of my doctors and he said it could be heartburn because I have GERD and he said it can radiate like that. I don't see how it could be that.

Does anyone have any idea what this may be? I am going crazy! It's Friday. I have a doctor appointment on Monday, but I can't imagine suffering like this all weekend without knowing what I am up against. I feel like I am losing my mind!
I also wanted to add that in about the last three weeks, I have lost about 25 pounds, being that I have very much lost my appetite.  Again, thanks for your help.
hI THERE, WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I WENT THROUGH THE SAME FEELINGS AS YOU ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO.  I SAY THAT ITS ALL ANXIETY, BECAUSE THAT HAPPENED TO ME AFTER A CHIRO THAT I WAS SEEING SAID THAT HE THOUGHT THAT MAYBE I HAD FIBROMYALGIA, A BRAINSTEM TUMOR, OR MS.  I TOTALLY FREAKED OUT, AND BEGAN TO EXPERIENCE THE BURNING SENSATION ON MY BACK, AND UPPER LEGS, THEN THE BURNING BECAME AND ITACH AND IT SPREAD TO MY HANDS, ARMS, AND EVEN MY FEET, I TOO, LOST ALOT OF WEIGHT DURING THIS TIME.  THE REASON WHY ALL MY ANXIETIES STARTED WITH IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS BECAUSE I WAS EXPERIENCING WEIRD FACIAL FEELINGS, KINDS LIKE BUGS CRAWLING ON MY CHEEK, SO I WENT TO CHIRO, BIG MISTAKE.  I STILL HAVE THE FACIAL FEELINGS AND JUST STARTED PT, AND SOMETIMES IT SEEMS TO LESSEN THEM TREMENDOUSLY, BUT NOT TODAY, ITS BEEN A BAD DAY, MY EAR HURTS, JAW TIGHTNESS, AND THE STIFF NECK AND SHOULDER IS MAKING THE FACIAL TINGLING WORSE.  MY COUSIN WENT THROUGH THE BURNING SENSATIONS ALSO WHILE GOING THROUGH A STRESSFUL DIVORCE, AFTER SHE GO AWAY FROM HIM, IT WENT AWAY.  ANXIETY IS AWFUL.  I STILL GET WEIRD FEELINGS THROUGHOUT MY BODY, MAYBE TRY SOME XANAX, IT SEEMS TO HELP ME.  TAKE CARE!!!!!
Thank you so much. I hate that others have to feel this misery, but I do feel better in knowing that I am not the only one who has felt this because I know people think I am crazy. It's hard for me to describe to people who don't understand this because I keep adding to the symptoms. Like for instance, now, like you said, I feel like I am itching but if I focus on it, the sensation will turn into burning again.

I don't know how my brain flipped out like this. The other night, I was laying in the bed with no tv or anything on, and the silence was so loud that I had to turn on the tv. If I get in the warm shower or blow a fan right on me, it seems to go away, but soon as I touch room temperature, I feel this. I try to get under the covers to warm my skin because it almost seems cold or like Menthol is on it. I am miserable.

I actually found a doctor to see me today and he says he believes it nerve misconception or something to that affect and he gave me a prescription for Elivil. He believes that I need to see a therapist of some sort.

I also notice my neck is tense and warm, and feels the same feelings from time to time.

I hope anyone with this symptom get relief.
I am having burning all on my left side, my face tingles, and burning in my neck, arm and sometimes in my leg.  I am under alot of stress right now with work.  I am freaking out, thinking I having a stroke or something.  I do have an appt. Monday and worried they are going to put me in the hospital(more stressed out).  I let you know what they find out

I feel the same way you're feeling. I am have anxiety problems and i feel burning in my face. But my body temperature is normal. They said that i might be getting sick but i'm not. I guess its all because its all in my head. Thank you because now i know i'm not the only person experiencing this. But it is really uncomfortable.
hi lilbopp, any news on your case? what did the doc say? i'm having kinda the same issue..
i dont think that i'm under such a stress. it just started one afternoon.. just like that. first i felt some tingling on the right side of my mouth, then tingling had spread to chick toward lower area of eye.. the whole area there felt warm.. after a day, i started to feel this weird warmish tinglish feeling in my right arm and after few days warm feeling in right leg as well. went to the doctor twice. she says i have nothing serious - could be a pinched nerve. she did some blood tests and routine checkup..
these symptoms came and went away on those areas and became very mild until they disappeared completely last week.
2 days ago they came back.. i really hope its nothing serious..
i'd really like to know what your doc suggests.
thanks - and hope we all feel better soon (o;