SWOLLEN LYMPH NODE HARD IN SUPRACLAVICULAR AREA RIGHT HAND SIDE
i have a swollen lymph node in the right hand side collar bone area supraclavicular initially it was soft now its been 1 month and it has become hard and not movable and there is still pain the doctor is saying it is inflamation there is no cancer and no growth and no tuberclosis but the doctor still does not know what it is and i feel sleepy and there is no fever no sweat no tierdness no cough but still the lymph node is hard swollen felling like a bone and nearly coming out which makes it more visible and no anti biotics are working on it for the bacteria what does this indicate
For The Time Id Say No Heavy Lifting & A Good Massage Would Help It At The Moment Other Than That You Need A Scan .! Or To See A Physio =) But I Wouldnt Say Its Anythink To Worry About It Also Sounds Like A Cist .!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Yes, supraclavicular lymphadenopathy is worrisome. Especially the ones larger than 1cm in diameter should be investigated thoroughly for cancers and granulomatous diseases.
The right supraclavicular area receives drainage from the intrathoracic organs, whereas the left supraclavicular lymph nodes drain the abdomen. The supraclavicular lymph nodes also receive lymphatic drainage from the breasts. Hence the malignancies of these regions are possible.
Tuberculosis, sarcoidosis, histoplasmosis, cat scratch disease and cryptococcosis are the other possibilities. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining.
A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.