SYMPTOMS SIMILAR TO MS
I WENT TO SEE A NEUROLOGIST FOR PROBLEMS WITH TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA WHICH I HAVE HAD SINCE I WAS 32.  AFTER AN EXAMINATION HE TOLD ME I WAS PROBABLY IN THE FIRST STAGES OF MS.  HE ALSO SAID I HAD DROP FOOT. I WAS THEN REFERRED TO ANOTHER DOCTOR WHO DID A FEW TESTS AND SAID IT WAS NOT MS.  I HAVE PAIN IN MY LEGS, NUMBNESS IN MY LEGS, LOWER BACK AND SOMETIMES IN MY UPPER ARMS.  MY EYES HAVE BEEN GIVING ME PROBLEMS LATELY ALSO.  I SOMETIMES GET A BURNING FEELING ON THE SOLES OF MY FEET AND LEGS.  I ALSO TEND TO HAVE DAYS WHERE I AM BUMPING INTO WALLS ETC AND DROP THINGS FOR NO REASON.  I HAVE BEEN TAKEN MEDICATION FOR MY BLADDER, TO TRY AND RELAX THE MUSCLES.  I HAVE WHAT I CALL MY DITZY DAYS WHERE NO MATTER WHAT I SAY IT COMES OUT JUMBLED UP OR BACK TO FRONT, ESPECIALLY WHEN I TIRE.  MY DOCTOR TOLD ME I HAVE A DEGENERATING DISEASE OF THE CNS.  I AM NOT SURE WHAT THAT MEANS AND HE IS RELUCTANT TO TALK ABOUT IT.  I HAVE HAD MRI'S WHICH SHOW WHITE PLAQUE BUT NO LESIONS AND THATS WHY IT COULD NOT BE MS.  I AM AT A LOSS AT WHAT TO DO NEXT AS THIS IS AFFECTING MY LIFE AND WORK.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been so ill. One thing I can suggest is asking your physician to check your uric acid level. It is a simple blood test that requires only 1 tube of blood. Many patients' with MS have low uric acid levels. Since you've already had an MRI that didn't show any lesions, this is another test that may be able to help your physician(s) diagnose you.

Hi don't usually post here sorry to hear about your problems.

Have you tried any alternative therapies? I have had very similar experience to what you described. Dr's tested for all manner of things, prescribed many different drugs. it took several years and several different chiropractors to correct the problem was 100% relieved with chiropractic adjustments. pinched nerves can cause many similar symptoms.
Hi, I also had a lot of MS symptoms, but have linked most to migraine headaches.  Also, my husband's cousin had drop foot and numbness such as yours and went to the Mayo Clinic and was diagnosed with an auto-immune disorder called vasculitis.  She started a newly found medicine that has worked wonders!  Good Luck to you.
i have never posted on here before, but my husband had all the same symptoms and we all thought it was ms until he started losing his hair, and then i realized that was not anything to do with ms. things got severe. he started having seizures and lost feeling on one side of his body, ended up walking with a cane (hes 32) my mom suggested lyme, the doctors all tryed to talk me out of it, but i stuck with it and found a doc that BELIEVED in lyme and was aware that even if you are tested, the elisa test is very inaccurate, you can still have it. my husband tested neg several times, but with everything else ruled out, they put him on the antibiotics and continued to test him, after one month he came back positive... he just got done a round of iv antibiotics and walks without a cane, feeling came back that he had lost and fatigue is getting better, he had it so long that he will never be 100%. but when i saw the symptoms, i had to say something. so, good luck. the trick is finding a doc that believes in lyme...
I ALSO FORGOT TO MENTION, THAT TROUBLE FINDING WORDS WAS ONE OF THE DEFINING SYMPTOMS, HE WAS LIKE A SPACE CADET. AND DEPRESSION IS ALSO HUGE. CHECK OUT THE SYMPTOMS AND IF WORTH IT, GO TO A VECTOR BORNE DISEASE SPECIALIST, NOT A INFECTIOUS DISEASE DOCTOR. THEY ARE THE WORST. ABOUT THE EYESITE THING, MY HUSBAND HAD THAT AND HE GOT REAL BAD AND WENT TEMPORARILY BLIND. THATS RARE, SO DONT FREAK.. HE WAS BAD.... HOPE YOU GET THE HELP YOU NEED. WE HAD TO FIGHT ALOT TO GET IT.
f3r
My sister has symptoms similar to MS.  She has to use a walker, because she can no longer walk by herself.  Her gait is not steady at all, no balance, she's got panic attacks, always shaking, she does not have much strength in one side of her body, memory problems once in a while, depresion, and her speech is not as clear as it was before.
She has been to many doctors, and none have been able to tell her anything.
One doctor has just recently told her it may be candida albicans that can be attacking her cerebellum.
If you have any information about this it will be veryhelpul!
thank you!