Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Salty taste and dry mouth
About This Community:

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Salty taste and dry mouth

Recently every morning I have been waking up with an extremely dry mouth, with a salty taste. The inside of my mouth some mornings hasve sores also. Any ideas why?
Tags: irritable
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
445362 tn?1206969318
HI there, I suffer with this also and it is pretty much every day. I have severe dry mouth and wake up every morning with my mouth tasting like baking soda. Since this is a new thing for you, I have some questions if that is ok. Are you thirsty a lot? Do you feel weak and tired at all? Have you been running even a low grade temperature? Are the sores in your mouth from irritation and are they sore, or are they painless? Do you have dry eyes?
I could go on and on, but I am asking trying to get a picture here. I have been suffering with intermittent bouts of dehydration. I wake up thirsty, dry mouthed and miserable from other associated things. For me, it is probably because of a loss of fluids do to recent kidney issues. There are so many things out there that can cause this. Research Sicca Syndrome, Sjogrens, dehydration, and such. If this is a problem, at least try to stay hydrated till you can see a doctor. There are also gentle mouthwashes and moisture replacement therapies for your mouth Over the counter at your local pharmacy. I am sorry I cannot be of more help, but Good luck.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources