Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Salty taste and dry mouth

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Salty taste and dry mouth

Recently every morning I have been waking up with an extremely dry mouth, with a salty taste. The inside of my mouth some mornings hasve sores also. Any ideas why?
Tags: irritable
1 Comment
HI there, I suffer with this also and it is pretty much every day. I have severe dry mouth and wake up every morning with my mouth tasting like baking soda. Since this is a new thing for you, I have some questions if that is ok. Are you thirsty a lot? Do you feel weak and tired at all? Have you been running even a low grade temperature? Are the sores in your mouth from irritation and are they sore, or are they painless? Do you have dry eyes?
I could go on and on, but I am asking trying to get a picture here. I have been suffering with intermittent bouts of dehydration. I wake up thirsty, dry mouthed and miserable from other associated things. For me, it is probably because of a loss of fluids do to recent kidney issues. There are so many things out there that can cause this. Research Sicca Syndrome, Sjogrens, dehydration, and such. If this is a problem, at least try to stay hydrated till you can see a doctor. There are also gentle mouthwashes and moisture replacement therapies for your mouth Over the counter at your local pharmacy. I am sorry I cannot be of more help, but Good luck.