Salty taste in mouth
Hi, I am 34 yrs old and I have had a salty taste in my mouth for about 3 months now. Even water tastle like salt. I have several medications that I talk and I have been taking them for a while now and never had a problem until 3 months ago. The medicines are:  Nuvigil=250mg.....Glipizide ER+10mg.. Actoplus Met=15/850 TAB.....Omeprazole=20MG CAP.......Lipitor=20MG.....Lorazepam=2MG........Citalopram=20MG.......Nortriptylin=50MG.....Hydrochlorot=25MG.......I also have SEVERE Sleep Apena and I use a CPAP machine every night. I constantly have a very dry mouth and a very salty mouth. What can this be?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The commonest reason for a salty taste in mouth is due to dehydration. Drink plenty of water and see. Sjogren’s syndrome causes dryness of mouth and salty taste. Post nasal drainage as seen in allergies and sinusitis is another cause.
Using a CPAP machine can also cause salty taste as it causes dryness of the mouth. Ask for some adjustment in the machine to overcome this.
Also since you are taking so many medications, you need to drink plenty of water for their proper metabolism.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please discuss with your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!