Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Scab for over a year

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Scab for over a year

I have had a scab that I never really knew what originally caused it to be there, for about a year and a half.  I remember in the beginning i accidentally scraped it off on something a couple of times and thats when I realized it had already been there much longer than any other scab i have ever had.  It's small and right in the middle of the back of my hand.  I should mention that in the past couple of years I have developed these bumps on my skin pretty much randomly and in random places but now they seem to be alot of them.  You can't necessarily "see" them but if you turn, say my leg, where light reflects, you can see where the spots are because they have a "matte" finish and are a little darker than my skin.  I can feel them and if scratched they actually kind of "flake off, but thicker than just dried skin.  The scab on my hand is pretty thick and not sure but it almost seems to have a greenish tint to the regular brown looking scabs i have had during the course of my life, elsewhere on the body. Please, any information as to what this could be would be appreciated.  This is probably totally unrelated but a brief medical background:  I have multiple problems in my spine, including arthritis of lower back and severe spinal stenosis; arthritis of both hips and severe nerve damage, coming from injuries suffered during basic training in the Army back in 1984.  Oh and I am a 47 yo white female.
Thank you.
Please see a dermatologist as soon as possible about the scab that won't heal.  There was a guy who had been in an accident at our church who had a scab on his forehead that would not heal.  He finally saw the dermatologist and found out he had skin cancer and had to have a pretty big sized skin graft because he waited so long to get it checked.  You could speak to them about the bumps on the same visit!
Have you shown your MD or a dermatologist? I don't want to sound alarmist, but a wound that wont heal is one of the sign/symptoms of cancer.